A simple way to get a bit more for Android, using a number is good, make it 10 sounds official! like the Ten Commandments.
They probably claim that Android 10 is the 10th release of Android, but they would be skipping minor version that were actually released as major versions.
Do you remember Android 1.5 (cupcake) -> 1.6 (Donut) or in the 2.X.. (Eclair, Froyo, Gingerbread), 4.X (Ice cream sandwich, Jelly Bean).
So, current releases are this:
- Android 1.5: Android Cupcake
- Android 1.6: Android Donut
- Android 2.0: Android Eclair
- Android 2.2: Android Froyo
- Android 2.3: Android Gingerbread
- Android 3.0: Android Honeycomb
- Android 4.0: Android Ice Cream Sandwich
- Android 4.1 to 4.3.1: Android Jelly Bean
- Android 4.4 to 4.4.4: Android KitKat
- Android 5.0 to 5.1.1: Android Lollipop
- Android 6.0 to 6.0.1: Android Marshmallow
- Android 7.0 to 7.1: Android Nougat
- Android 8.0 to Android 8.1: Android Oreo
- Android 9.0: Android Pie
Android 10 should be 15 instead of 10. ‘Cuz 10 Sounds Official!!